TNB – IT Sdn. Bhd. (“TNB – IT”) was incorporated in 29th July 1998 as a TENAGA NASIONAL BERHAD (TNB) wholly owned subsidiary.
The main focus of TNB – IT’s current business is operating and managing TNB’s and TNB Group telecommunication infrastructure and providing telecommunication services to external customers.
Advanced Meter Infrastructure/ Smart Meter
- TNB-IT is providing a communication network for TNB’s Smart Meter. We are working with our Strategic/Technology Partner i.e. Trilliant & Sagemcom.
- By Feb 2018, TNB will deploy 350,000 meters by batches to residential areas in Melaka. This project will be roll out to all states in Peninsular Malaysia within next 6 years to accommodate 8.5 million customers.
TNB SCADA DA Communications
- TNB will deploy Distribution Automation (DA) to 25,000 sub-station in Peninsular by 2025. This project will enable fast response through remote switching and improve the power supply reliability.
- TNB-IT is responsible to ensure the communication network is deployed and operated effectively.
High Speed Network
- TNB-IT is capable to provide high speed bandwidth through its extensive fiber network coverage and reach. Our recent project is to provide 10Gbps bandwidth connectivity to University Tenaga National, Putrajaya Campus & Muadzam Shah Campus.
Billing & Customer Relationship Management (BCRM) Infrastructure Hosting
Under MyTNB initiatives, a new billing system was launched, Billing and Customer Relationship Management (BCRM). This initiative will upgrade the existing billing system to an advance and integrated system. Apart from that, TNB is striving to enable consumer with greater access to the billing system.
Remote Meter Reading (RMR) Infrastructure Hosting
The implementation of RMR Infrastructure expansion project will fulfil the objectives on:
Enhance system performance and availability, Promote robust RMR infrastructure, Achieve required processing time, Ensure business continuity, Eliminate risk of system failure
TNB Cloud Implementation Project
Cloud Implementation project is one of the key initiatives to be implemented to meet demanding business SLA requirements. In addition this project will fulfil the objective on:
- Establishing Cloud Services Platform, Cloud Automation, Self-service for Cloud Service provisioning, Charge Back, Improve mean time to deliver, Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS)